- Egypt budget deficit declined to 4.9% of GDP in the first eight months of 2018/2019 recording 259.7 BN EGP, compared to 5.8% in the same period last year. Revenues grew 23% in the first eight months of 2018/2019, while the expenses grew 14.8% in the same period.
- Egypt has signed an agreement with Euroclear, Europe's biggest settlement house for securities, to allow holders of its sovereign debt to clear transactions outside the country beginning in 6 months' time.
- Egypt state grain buyer, the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC) bought 240,000 tons of wheat in an international tender to be sourced from Romania and Ukraine.
- Egypt General Authority for Investment (GAFI) is planning to launch three investment areas and five free zones during 2019. The projected investment areas will be located in El-Saf City, Banha, and Mit Ghamr.
- UAE will be operating its latest Boeing 777-300ER aircraft fitted with the 'Game Changer' First Class suites from Dubai to Riyadh starting from 16 April 2019 and Kuwait starting from 1 June 2019.
- The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTD) announced that UAE will emerge biggest beneficiary among the GCC states and 13th worldwide as it will get benefits of 425 MM USD due to higher exports to one of the biggest European economy.
- The use of e-government services in Saudi Arabia increased to 56.7% in 2018, compared to 51% in 2017. The rate of individual use of e-government services revealed that 59.8% of citizens used them, while the use by expats hit 51.6%.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) reported that Omani economy is recovering, given the increase in the growth rate of the country's non-hydrocarbon GDP and the decline in the fiscal deficit which declined to 9% of GDP in 2018, compared to 13.9% GDP in 2017, following the increase in oil revenue, adding that deficit would reach 8% in 2019.
- .TASI banking sector increased led by Al Rajhi Bank and Alinma Bank.
- .ADI telecommunication sector increased led by Etisalat.
- .DFMGI investments sector increased led by Dubai Investments and banking sector led by Emirates NBD.
Sports and Culture
- A spectacular strike from Mohamed Salah helped Liverpool maintain their two-point lead over Manchester City in the Premier League title race with a crucial 2-0 win over Chelsea at Anfield. City won 3-1 at Crystal Palace earlier meaning Liverpool have 85 points with four games to go and City are on 83 with an additional match to play.
- Five times world champion Lewis Hamilton returned to the top of the Formula One standings with a comfortable victory in China by winning the 1,000th world championship race since the first in 1950.