- The UAE food sales are projected to increase at an annual average of 7.3% growth rate reaching 16.7 BN USD by 2020, according to BMI.
- According to Egypt's central bank, the country's core inflation rate has risen to reach 15.72% (y-o-y) in October compared to 13.93% last month.
- According to a study by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), The global agreement on climate change adopted in Paris last year is expected to generate business opportunities worth around 265 BN USD across the MENA region.
- Oman's ministry of manpower announced its willingness to increase the expat workers' visa fees by 50% which is expected to generate 148 MM OMR to the sultanate over two years.
- To help bridge its budget deficit and boost its foreign reserves, Egypt has issued 4 BN USD in international bonds in a private placement to help revive its economy.
- According to Jordan's finance ministry, the Kingdom's total public debt has reached 26.046 BN JOD by the end of September which amounts to 95% of the gross domestic product (GDP).
- The Omani Chamber of Commerce has reflected the willingness of the Sultanate's government to provide medical insurance for all private sector workers for Omani and expatriate workers starting 2018.
- Egypt's central bank initiated a repurchase transaction with a consortium of international banks for a total amount of funding of 2 BN USD with a maturity of one year.
- Abu Dhabi's rental rates have decreased by 5% (y-o-y) in Q3-2016 for prime residential units. The drop was driven by increasing job cuts and slower economic growth in the emirate.
- To support Jordan's economic growth reforms, The EU has granted a 200 MM EUR loan to Jordan. The loan will be disbursed in two installments and have a maximum average maturity of 15 years.
- Bilateral Trade between the UAE and the EU has exceeded 32 BN AED in H1-2016. It is worth mentioning that the UAE was EU's 13th largest trading partner and the eighth largest destination of European exports in 2015.
- Ending eight years of Democratic rule, Republican Donald Trump has won the American presidential elections beating the democrat Hillary Clinton putting the United States on an uncertain path.
- Saudi Arabia's minister of justice has launched a forensic indicator website which provides electronic follow-up for clear assessment of performance.
- The Syrian Army has claimed full control over a strategic district in the Syrian city of Aleppo. However, rebels are fighting to retain it.
- Suicide bombers on caused the death of 21 and the injury of dozens at a checkpoint for Shi'ite pilgrims in two Iraqi cities: Tikrit and Samarra.
- Egypt's ministry of interior has reported that the Egyptian judge who tried former president Mohamed Mursi in 2015 survived an assassination attempt through a car blast near his vehicle.
- .TASI's banking sector levelled up backed by Al-Rajhi. In addition, the petrochemicals sector increased led by Saudi International Petrochemical (Sipchem).
- .ADI's telecommunication sector fell driven by Etisalat. On the other hand, the banking sector levelled up led by Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB) and First Gulf Bank (FGB).
- .DFMGI's real estate sector declined led by Emaar properties. Likewise, the banking sector fell led by Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB).
Weekly % Change
Construction & Materials
Banks & Financial Services
Telecommunication & Information
Banking & Financial Services
UAE, Abu Dhabi
Real Estate & Construction
Investments & Financial Services
- According to its chief executive, Kuwait's Zain groupexpects to sell its mobile transmitter towers in Saudi Arabia for more than 500 MM USD in H1- 2017.
- The National Bank of Egypt has reported that it has received 30 BN EGP from new certificates of deposit that were offered last week.
- Dubai Marina was the highest in terms of property sales in Dubai during Q3-2016 representing 654 MM AED out of the total 3.45 BN AED. However, the highest transaction values were in Emirates Living, Palm Jumeirah and the Downtown.
- Oman's 6.4 BN USD Liwa Plastics Industrial Complex (LPIC)-The Sultanate's largest industrial investment- is expected to provide around 12,000 indirect jobs, in addition to increasing the cash flows of the government owned refining and petrochemicals flagship - Orpic to 100 MM USD monthly as LPIC is launched by 2020.
- Dubai airline Emirates has reported a 75% decline in H1-2016 net profit which amounted to 786 MM AED. The decline is mainly driven by the dollar valuation and the challenging competition.
- Driven by a decline in oil prices, Abu Dhabi National Energy Co (TAQA), the state-owned oil explorer and power supplier, reported an increasing loss in Q3-2016 which amounted to 524 MM AED compared to 416 MM AED last year.
- Saudi Oger -the Saudi Arabian construction company- has requested a significant debt restructuring deal for the repayment of a 3.5 BN USD debt owed to the government.
- Orange Egypt has sought a 500 MM EUR loan from its parent company to cover the cost of a license that will allow the operation of the 4G mobile phone services.
Sports and Culture
- Egypt two goals scored by Mohamed Salah and Abdallah Saied gave the country victory over Ghana (2-0) in the World Cup qualifier game played in Alexandria.
- Zaha Hadid's dome-less mosque design was awarded the Aga Khan Award for Architecture among six other projects, sharing an award worth 1 MM USD
- Manchester United pay the highest wages in world football, where average basic first-team pay at the Premier League club has been calculated at 7.27 MM USD per year, according to the Global Sports Salaries Survey.